Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Small pause

I haven't had anything to post lately because we are at a small pause in the process. During our home visit Brandon received a phone call and was asked to apply for a different job. The coordinator suggested she not complete the home study until we find out what happens with his job. It costs money to change the home study information and get new employer paperwork. Although I want to save some money, this is really hard to sit and wait! In the mean time I have enjoyed looking at other blog sites and laugh each day at Gavin. His new thing is that only Ethiopians are allowed to put him to bed!!! He stands at his bedroom door and says "stop you are not allowed to enter because you are not Ethiopian." I asked him why he was playing this game (after I went downstairs and became Ethiopian)! He replied, it was because he is so excited for his baby brother. We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

How neat, Gavin sounds like a sweetie. How nice that he's old enough to appreciate the process and understand it a bit. Sorry for the delay in your homestudy!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Hi! I just found your blog through our google michigan group. Nice to meet you. Don't you just love those pauses.... Welcome to the ride and hope your pause isn't too long.

Sharon

atHisrighthand said...

I feel like saying ARG with you! We are also at a pause waiting for immigration approval. I apparently am not a patient waiter.. So here's another ARG! I would love to meet you all sometime and sorry you couldn't make it to the superbowl. I told my hubby we should make it a tradition... Although we will eventually run out of room...

Take care and I hope things start moving soon for you.
blessings,
Elise