Sunday, July 5, 2009

1st 4th of July!

We had a great 4th of July weekend complete with parades, fishing tournaments, and relaxing in the water (a little chilly but that was okay).

Saturday morning we went to the Grandville parade with Great Grandpa and Grandma, Aunt Wendy and our cousins. Grayson did a great job and wasn't even worried about the sirens!


Our next stop was the cottage for an overnighter. My Dad and I have a friendly fishing competition when I am there. We always say it is based on numbers not size, but I think I lost the argument on this 12 inch bass!


Brandon was able to join us for dinner and I convinced him to where the Baby Bjorn while I fished, what do you think?

Grayson really enjoyed the water and swimming, but we would have to let him sit out on the dock for a while to warm back up again!



Grandpa was a fishing fool this weekend with another bass on Sunday, but he let Gavin count it.



He also caught a pike that was 22 inches, what a fisherman!

Overall, I would say we all had a great 4th of July weekend. As Gavin said after fireworks, "Happy Birthday United States of America!"

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun weekend! And a lot of fish! Grayson looks like he LOVES the water and he bjorn fits Bran just perfect ;)
PS....Hamilton El in our district is looking for a principal...call if you want details!

Amber said...

We miss you guys desperately! I am so jealous that you all got to hang out w/ Dawn and Jim. Looks like you all are doing well!

Amber