Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Authentication

Well, I didn't make my Wednesday deadline (I hope I never have to us a notary again)! BUT I did get everything sent to the courier service on Friday, May 9. I confirmed that they did get the package and were going to bring it to Washington today!!! They will get the dossier authenticated in Washington at the US embassy and Ethiopian embassy and then send back to our adoption agency. After dropping it off at Fed Ex, I got in the car and said a little prayer for the paperwork and my precious son Gavin commented, "Mom, was that really necessary?" If he understood what that paperwork meant he would know that YES it was necessary!!:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on getting your papers out of your hands!! It's a nice feeling to know that you're done paper chasing!!!

Mindy said...

I remember saying prayers before sending that off as well. It was SO MUCH WORK that I was really nervous that it would get lost and I'd have to do it all over again. :) Congrats on having it "out of your hands" and hoping for a speedy process in DC so it can get sent off to Ethiopia soon!

Unknown said...

What a huge step, congratulations!! Our DC loop went really quickly, so hopefully yours will too and it can be on it's way to ET soon.