Wednesday, April 29, 2009

OUCH!

Well, I don't very often post about myself! Yesterday was a once in a lifetime event though (at least I am praying that it is). I was trimming our cherry tree standing on a ladder in the back yard yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I love doing things outside so this was not an unusual event for me. The problem with yesterday is that I lost balance on the ladder, fell off and impaled my leg about 4 inches with a 1 inch diameter metal stake! I will spare you all of the gory details and the pictures, but needless to say I was taken in the ambulance to the hospital (first time in my life).
Today I am in a lot of pain and it is difficult for me to take it easy and relax especially with two very active little boys. My mom was at the house today and my mother-in-law is coming tomorrow. The doctors have put me on strong anitbiotics and pain meds and are concerned with infection sooooo walking to the bus stop is out of the question at this point.
Please pray that I have patience because I am already going stir crazy!:)

6 comments:

kikstra said...

Oh my goodness- I haven't checked your blog for a long time, and this is not good news! I hope your leg heals quickly and the pain subsides for you!!!

atHisrighthand said...

Oh Julie!!!!!!!! praying for a speedy recovery! yikes girl!

btw- your boys look so great!!!

love ya and miss ya!
Elise

Mindy said...

Oh my...glad to hear that you are OK and hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for you!

Unknown said...

We'll pray.....I was just about to shoot you an email to see how you're doing....guess the ET travel update and update on your son is going to have to wait :-)

HollyMarie said...

O my goodness!!! I saw an injury like that in my little brother once, and it was not pretty. The rod was a broken branch in his case though. I hope recovery goes smoothly for you and that you stay infection free!

Dawn Merriman said...

Owww! Hope you are doing better and praying for a fast recovery. You need to be chasing those boys! : )

Dawn