Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friends, Anniversary, Sadness

Yesterday was an eventful day.

Gavin, Grayson and I met several other adoptive families at PF Hoffmaster State Park. It was such a great reunion to see people we traveled with. Gavin was excited to know that other families did in fact look like our family too! The picture is of "Big Girum", his sister Rose, "Little Girum" (Grayson), Dawn and myself. We traveled with this family and it was so great to see them again. We will definitely have to do it again some time soon.


Brandon and I also "celebrated" our 11 year anniversary yesterday. I say "celebrated" because we attended a graduation open house with the boys! We are hoping to find a babysitter and enjoy a nice dinner together on Monday night. Brandon is an amazing man and I feel blessed to have him in my life. We really have been together for 16 years including dating, engagement and marriage and I wouldn't change it for the world.


Sadness came at the end of the night. I got a phone call from my father-in-law that my horse was not doing well and in a lot of pain. We waited for the vet to come and they really could not do anything for her. She was colicking and suffering from some neurological damage that we don't understand. After several doses of pain medication, I couldn't watch her suffer. We made the difficult decision to put her to sleep. I think I am still in shock that everything happened so quickly. Gavin and I spent last night remembering the times when we would give her a bath or the day Gavin was riding her down the street and the man asked to buy her.... We may have not seen her as often as we would have liked lately, but she has left a lasting impression and wonderful memories. Today is a sad day....

No comments: