Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Generosity

When we give a gift to someone we give freely and willing. We wish to bless the other person we are giving to. This week we have been on the receiving end of the gift giving.
I must admit sometimes it has been difficult because I feel like I want to give something back too.
God has opened my heart to accept the gifts as they are given, a way to bless our family in this time of need.
Generosity this week:
* Friends at school had a cake reception and gave gifts and donations to the orphanage.
* My Aunt and Uncle from Oklahoma sent gifts for Grayson, the orphanage and a sweet baseball mitt for Gavin (thanks guys he loves it).
* My brother met us to fit a new car seat in the car and payed for the new car seat too!
* My sister-in-law called to donate an outfit.
* My grandparents and parents donated 48 onsies to the orphanage.
* A lawyer donated his time to finish our trust this week.
* My Aunt pulled strings to complete our new life insurance policy on time.
* My students held a surprise shower for me on Tuesday, with a lot of help from the team teacher (thanks Krista)
* Cash donations from friends

Above all of this we have been blessed with prayer and words of encouragement.
Words cannot express how grateful we are.
I thank God for each and every one of you.

2 comments:

Matt DeWitt said...

Glad its all coming together. We look forward to helping you with the adjustments. Free babysitting when you need a night out the two of you. Have fun and stay safe over there.

HeatherV said...

rHave a great trip. Looking forward to seeing pics of your little boy in your arms!