Thursday, December 4, 2008

6 months 2 weeks

What does 6 months 2 weeks mean? The amount of time that we waited for a referral because... yesterday we got a referral!!! Yep, we have a little, tiny baby boy. We cannot share too much information on the blog, but I can tell you about how it happened.

I have to start with the fact that yesterday was my husband's birthday. He had to work and cannot have his cell phone. He turned off his phone at 10 am, but thought "wouldn't it be cool if today was the day."

At 10:27 my phone rang in my purse, in my file cabinet, in my classroom but I wasn't there to answer it! Brandon's phone rang at 10:37, but he had already shut his phone off for the day! I was team teaching with another teacher and typically people have a hard time figuring out where I am during the day and need to just leave a message on my voice mail. For some strange reason (divine intervention) the phone rang in the classroom it was during a lecture from the other teacher. I answered the phone, "Hello, Mrs. O's room."
"Is Julie there?"
"Yes, this is her," I was completely bewildered how someone made an outside call to this room for me!
"Julie, this is Chandra do you have a minute?"
"Um, Hi, well yes I do but I cannot really talk from this phone. Can I call you back?" I was scrambling for a piece of paper and pen.
I looked at the other teacher and said, "I need to take this call."
I literally ran to the conference room and called Chandra back. It couldn't possibly be a referral so I just asked, "so what's up?"
"Julie, this is the "call"!"
"Are you sure because I didn't know where I was on the list?"
"It doesn't matter where you were on the list because this is the call, would you like to hear about your son?"

The rest is history. I called Brandon and we agreed to meet before looking at the actual pictures of our little guy. We spent the rest of the day showing him off to family. Oh and we still had to celebrate Brandon's birthday too.

I cannot even begin to express how we feel as a family right now, but the feeling is good!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cool!! I am so happy for you guys, and can't wait to see his picture and eventually meet him. God is good.

Jason and Colleen said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray!!!!! Thats so awesome Congrats to the whole family!

Joanna said...

So...this is too cool! We got our referral the day before you for a little boy appx 2 months old at Enat Alem. Hmmm...can you say playmates?

Congratulations!

Maybe we will travel together!

Carla said...

Congratulations! How awesome it was on your husband's birthday! That is just like God.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, great story. So often it happens when we aren't expecting it. Odd, since we wait and wait for the call. Maybe God just waits for the couple moments we aren't actually waiting, because he has that kind of sense of humor or something. He is cool!

HollyMarie said...

Congratulations!!!! :D Now hopefully you'll have a court date before too long!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! What happy news for your family.